Join the John Hay PTA in supporting students who are not able to access printed books during the closure of Seattle Public Schools. We are fundraising to provide books for about 100 students at John Hay, as well as Viewlands Elementary School, the school John Hay is partnering with to sponsor their families. At Viewlands ES the poverty rate is 35% and their families are feeling the impact of school closure heavily.
With your donation, John Hay's teachers will shop for books for the students and will deliver them to the families in need. Giving these families access to books will help keep students reading and minimize the opportuity gap at this critical time when school and public libraries are closed.
Note that May 4-8 is Teacher Apreciation Week for Seattle Public Schools. Consider donating in honor of a teacher who has had a special impact on your or your childrens' lives. (List the teacher's names in the Order comments section when checking out.)
- Our kids went to Coe but we love to support this.
- Ms Atwood, Ms Zimmerman, & Ms Anderson from the XXX family
- In honor to our wonderful 1st grade teacher Christine Droker!
- In honor of Mr. Rose in room 204-- thank you for being an amazing teacher!
- Kids need books and many thanks to the teachers who are providing this service.
- In honor of Ms. Droker, whose creativity and kindness will always be remembered. In honor of Mr. Kelley: thank you for the energy, structure and dedication you bring to your class. It is much appreciated!
- Ms. Kirkness, Ms. Williamson
- Thank you to my child's teacher Mrs. Hannah Hansen
- “Thank you” to my child’s 3rd grade teacher at John Hay Elementary, Mrs. Madeline Maggio.
- Twelve (12) "J.Hay Teacher/Staff Appreciation Program Gifts" from XXX to: Tami Beach, Erin Hayes, Leyla Fiorito, Steven Klein, Anna Toner, Kathleen Brose, Rachel Atwood, Laura Robinson, Gretchen Gray, Carol Burton, Jenna Warburton, & Janet Schooler.
- Thank you for everything Mrs. Kirkness and Ms. Qualin!
- Ms. Brown
- Thank you Ms. Brown and Ms. Thomas! From the XXX Family