Saga Volume 1 (Saga (Comic Series)) (Paperback)
*Holiday 2015 Recommendation*
Controversial, epic and utterly crazy, Saga follows the story of two lovers from different sides in a massive civil war and their struggle to survive. These graphic novels are perfect for fans of Joss Whedon’s Firefly series and will leave you breathless. They have won an astounding 15 national awards including the Hugo, Eisner and Harvey awards, multiple years in a row.
Two young soldiers from opposing sides of an intergalactic war fall madly in love and are forced into a life on the run in order to protect their newborn daughter. This comic series is everything I want from sci-fi: outlandish, creative, and ambitious. Vaughn's writing cops have already been proven with his wildly successful Y: The Last Man series, but this series is brought to vibrant life with Staples' fantastic and detailed artwork.— From Melanie
- Winner of the 2013 Hugo award for Best Graphic Story
- When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. From New York Times bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults.
- This specially priced volume collects the first six issues of the smash-hit series The Onion A.V. Club calls "the emotional epic Hollywood wishes it could make."
- Voted one of the top graphic novels of the year by the NYT, IGN, the Examiner, and SF Weekly. Voted Best Comic of the year by MTV Geek and Best New Series by Paradox Comics. Voted a finalist in the GoodReads Best GN of 2012 contest.
- Named one of Time Magazine's top 10 graphic novels for 2013